Every time I see his adorable face, I find myself almost considering watching SPN again.
But mostly because I need reminders everywhere to stare at me accusingly, all, why aren’t you writing this? Why are you looking through old posts and pretty pictures when you should be tapping away at the keyboard until your fingers bleed? What, you sprained your wrist again? Too fucking bad. YOUR STORIES NEED YOU.
Ahem. A short list of the Hobbit fic I’m working on:
- Smaug the Magnificent invades Erebor. Unfortunately for Smaug, he chose this quest as an infant dragon. The dwarves are not impressed with their new dragon infestation.
- The accidental soul bond drunk wedding Bree-as-Vegas time loop modern AU, with working title “All the Tropes. All of them.”
- A 4k-ish everybody lives AU in which I attempt to purge many of the still left-over feelings from reading the Hobbit at age ten. You are all just very lucky that Tolkien fandom of the time intimidated me, because otherwise somewhere in the internet’s murky past there would be 20k of awful and meandering song fic. I am just saying, Sinnead O’Connor was big then.
- Mash-up with Dwarf Fortress (including why you don’t eat the meat at an elven table after an orc hunt).
- Instead of going on to the halls of his fathers or whatever, Bilbo is given another option to fill another universe’s gap. In which Bilbo is a retired Maiar, no, really, he swears he’s done this time, Gandalf comes to regret taking him on the occasional adventure, and this whole quest business is Gandalf’s version of revenge.
- The Lovecraftian cannibalism humor fic. I blame the kink meme, which I have shamelessly scoured for ideas. lizfu can confirm this: someone out there wants me to write this fic.
- That other kink meme prompt I discussed with lizfu where the presence of hobbits is the equivalent of a hundred adorable kittens. In which Gandalf has a tendency to throw Bilbo at whichever dwarf is pissing him off (read: Thorin) and by the time they reach Erebor, Thorin doesn’t so much have an Arkenstone as a Bilbo problem. There may also be well-meaning Shire kidnappings and Bilbo developing an elves complex.
- At least two Bilbo-the-dragon fic. What, don’t look at me like that. It is all perfectly reasonable.
You can be reasonably certain that if the fic I write in this fandom is not Thorin/Bilbo, it is gen. And you can be reasonably certain that I am not writing much gen.
put “top five” anything in my ask and i will answer ok go
Anyone want to audience Hobbit fic and let me storyboard and blather at them about story direction/ideas? I have a 3k+ one that is almost done and I will post to AO3 soon, but man, there are other, longer things I need someone to poke me about and keep my interest in. I can only flail at lizfu so much before making her hate The Hobbit. Everything I write in this fandom is probably going to be Bilbo/Thorin (Thilbo? Bagginshield? What are the cool kids calling it these days?) or (unlikely) gen. A lot of it is going to be crack, because let’s be real here, it’s me.
For example, I have 1.7k of a trope mash-up that is time loop drunk wedding accidental soul bond shenanigans modern AU, in which Bilbo is super lucky to have so many chances to not fuck it up this time and it’s probably for the best Thorin doesn’t get to remember what a terrible husband Bilbo can make the morning after getting black-out drunk and married to a stranger.
If you’re interested (even if you are a stranger to me!), let me know?
And a small taste, in case you’re curious:
Chi, Meets Machine Man!
sfingella replied to your post: a good cocktail: 1 shot (well one and a half maybe…that sounds delicious and i am jealous of your mug. i’d love to see a blindfolded karkat.
Okay that took me a long time because I got distracted for a few days in the middle there. But I wasn’t going to pass this one up.
#karkat #baby #you have no idea what’s going to happen next #do you?
OH MY GOD YES THIS IS PERFECT. THANK YOU.
Just in case anybody was hoping for a tied up and blindfolded Karkat on their dash tonight.
A 3 day old fawn and a 3 weeks old bobcat kitten take shelter together after the santa barbara wildfire in 2009.
Isn’t this the most precious picture ever!
It’s like real life Bambi doe. Where are their mommies?
Reasons why the Sufferer grew up a bit more level-headed than Kankri.